Welcome to /fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.
* Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread *
Before asking for help, please check our list of resources.
If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine.
1) Use a live image and to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.
Resources: Please spend at least a minute to check a web search engine with your question.
*Many free software projects have active mailing lists.
$ man %command%
$ info %command%
$ %command% -h/–help
$ help %builtin/keyword%
Don't know what to look for?
$ apropos %something%
Check the Wikis (most troubleshoots work for all distros):
/g/'s Wiki on GNU/Linux:
>What distro should I choose?
Post too long. Click here to view the full text.