Last Round: >>90628
Archive of Past Rounds: https://mega.nz/#F!BA8V0KYD!eRw01c3zLKSa3wzSEHE00g (Updated to Round 40.)
Hello /sudo/. A long time ago, CodeMonkey wanted to try a Hunger Games event for advertising boards using the global announcement feature. I'm back after the holidays, and I'm ready to start 2019.
For the 8chan Attention-Hungry Games, any board with less than 300 users can nominate themselves to participate, with up to 48 boards being able to participate (or we can go to 24 or 36 if we don't get enough boards). These 48 or so boards compete on a Hunger Games simulator hosted on BrantSteele. The current code for the regular events as of this writing is at http://brantsteele.net/hungergames/r.php?c=9y76DMs7 which is based off of http://brantsteele.net/hungergames/r.php?c=FlMMyAqW.
The Mansion code that I used once but regretted using afterwards is at http://brantsteele.net/hungergames/r.php?c=9nWM8wfc from >>>/hungergames/17115
Anyway, the winner gets to be advertised as a global announcement for about a week.
As for the requirements for signing up:
1. No boards that promote raiding other 8chan boards.
2. Must have less than 300 active users at the start of the game.
3. Can't have won the hunger games in the past week. Last week's winner is >>>/clang/
4. Need to submit a SFW sentence that advertises their board that CodeMonkey can put in the global announcement. (NSFW boards are welcome to join, but the announcement should be SFW). Failure to do so will result in anons deciding your sentence via dubs, usually to your detriment. CodeMonkey will be the one to determine what is and what isn't SFW as he controls the global announcements.
5. It is recommended you post a picture with your nomination, and that picture should be square as it will be stretched otherwise. I will determine the gender of you tribute based on the picture. If I can't tell, I am defaulting to M. Also, MLP images will be ignored unless it came from a MLP board, if the BO approves of it, or from a certain image for /suicide/ until their BO says otherwise as they had that certain image before I added this part of the rule.
6. If a BO of a board does not want to participate, please don't nominate it. Board Owners, if you don't want to participate but someone nominated you, please let me know before the start of the round and I will remove it from the list. As of now, /miku/ and /jp/ have asked not to participate.
7. Nominate only 1 board per IP hash per post. For posts that nominate more than 1 board and an IP hash nominating multiple boards, I will take the first board and ignore the rest, and I will know if you are samefagging. For those with VPNs, note that someone may be using the same VPN as you when nominating, which means they may have the same IP Hash and I can't distinguish VPN users from normal ones.
8. Once a round concludes, please wait until the next thread is created before you nominate a board.
The next round will likely start Monday somewhere between 9am and 11am ET
With that all being said, nominate your boards now and suggest some events for either code if you want (or even better, put your events into the mansion code since I won't mind people messing with that code. Just let me know if you do update it). Also, if I missed anything, let me know so I can correct the OP for next time.
Post last edited at